Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wallace Shoe Deal Worthy of Note


The Bulls Ben Wallace recently endorsed Stephon Marbury's "Starbury II" shoes. Normally a basketball shoe endoresment would not be of interest except that these shoes and Wallace's stated reasons for endorsing them are different. The Wallace shoes will go for $14.99 a pair which is a striking reduction from other brand name basketball shoes which can go from $150-$350 and up. At a press conference the other day, Wallace stated that "You either feel it in your heart or you don't. I know the stress my mom felt buying shoes for eight boys and three girls." Wallace will wear the shoes in games, even though they will be available at Target. A classy move by a class act.

2 comments:

bonnix said...

This is a pretty cool idea. I can't believe how much jordans are these days.

Anonymous said...

I think it's fantastic. It was always stunning how kids would put down so much for the new Jordans or whatever. I didn't even realise that they were only $14.99. I got to get me some for that price. kool move.