Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Ballin


I’ve muttered the phrases mantra-like throughout the season. Kinda like a Stepford Wife blankly repeating a recipe for Hail Mary cakes 30 times over. Wonderfully coiffed no less. That the veteran presence of PJB and Wallace will be incalculable come playoff time. And now that I’m fresh this Sunday morn in anticipation of a possible sweep, I shake my head and consider how true that statement was/is. Say we flashback to a Tyson, an Eddy, would our position this sweet Sunday be even remotely possible? Indeed we all knew the where Pax was going with the offseason moves and trades, but now that we can witness in realtime the true and beautiful science set into motion on national tv, it is nothing but remarkable.

Wallace and PJB have been crucial in taking Shaq out of the second half these past few games. I see their positioning on Shaq without the ball as key to having him not be able to be elemental the second half of the game. Of course, Shaq is going to get his 17 or so but collectively Wallace/PJB have somehow been able to nullify his massive presence the 3rd/4th quarters. Shaq almost seems exhausted.

Beyond that, the offensive hustle tips to keep the ball alive, the timely midrange jumper, these x factors have kept our Bulls in it. They’ve upped the pot. These vet efforts have really led to our success in this playoff series. Sweep or no sweep. I’m a believer.

4 comments:

jackson said...

Oh how sweet it is! On to detroit. Remarkable how history will hopefully repeat itself.

bonnix said...

Ok, now the question becomes what are we happy with. I have to admit, I didn't think the Bulls would be in this position, least of all with a sweep. Are we to dream of an Eastern Conference Finals now? We did beat the Pistons 3 out of 4 during the regular season. If we get past the Pistons, there is clear sailing all the way to the finals. Furthermore, with the Mavs on the ropes, can the baby bulls grow up all the way to NBA Champs! I might be getting ahead of myself, but I haven't been this energized about a Bulls team in almost a decade!

Anonymous said...

Bulls in Six Baby!

Rosario said...

What really got me teary eyed was the Heat actually being cordial and congratulatory to the Bulls post loss. From Riley to Zo, Wade to Shaq-fu. I thought that was pretty classy. OF course Antoine Walker wasn't part of this. Screw Toine. I hope he develops a permanent tic ala Tourette's where he shimmies uncontrollably. Forever.

Looking forward, this week off is utter crap. While I'll take a couple days to rest Wallace, Chapu, what's the point? Ratings? The reason I bring this up is because I'd like to take advantage of the Bulls' momentum and while Detroit is arguably a more dynamic team than the Heat, I'd rather they are not given much time to regroup/rest post Orlando. I know the Pistons aren't that old but they're old enough.