Friday, April 06, 2007

Spring Fever



Spring Fever

After last Saturday’s soul crushing defeat to as the French whisper, “Le James et co,” I couldn’t help but sleep it off deeply, sawing sheep and muttering “why didn’t Sir Hinrich-alot take the last shot?” Alas. Sweet delirious sleep.

I now understand that it was Saturday’s latest Bull disaster ala three guard pile up (akin to blue balls or as the French whisper “Bull balls”), coupled with unforgiving, brand-less scotch that felled me for the next few days and spun me sickly in a maelstrom of dyspepsia, midlife crisis, fevered babbling and utter desolation.

Hosanna, as chin hits sunken chest, we’re inching towards the playoffs. Maybe against the Heat.

But. But. Today. It’s bitter hilarious cold out and Gloria Gaynor must be playing somewhere in somebody’s bedroom. Let me fully disclose, we are alive. Last night the Bulls soundly stifled the Pistons in a near rout. I have to say it. IT was beautiful. Sublime. Clutch. Enough to make Deepak Chopra sing the song of life.

I’ll also throw this out. How refreshing it was not to see the Bens on the court yesterday. That was my thought as we successfully, professionally rounded the third quarter hump last night. Indeed, the glass wasn’t half sucks. The Bulls didn’t succumb to an inexplicable bout of dropsy. PJ B made his shots. I considered naming my firstborn Malik.

Hinrich had the game he needs to have on a more consistent basis if we eva wanna get over. Hinrich is getting closer to his world. He needs to step on the jugular as it were. Grow hair. Revive the Stockton shorts. He needs to cut down on the Curly Neal dribbling (when it’s more Curly than Neal). Move without it and look for his shot just as he did because we’ll need more games like this in the playoffs.

TyT literally had a fevered impact on the game. He’s brought on another welcomed element to the drive and kick offense. We can now drive and toss. If opposing teams now need to honor the baseline-alley-oop, the drive in the paint can be infinitely more dangerous. His stats show thusly. He has more dunks than all other rooks. See. Midseason I was a bit worried that he’d solely pad the “intangible” impact stats ala the “provides energy” column. Most dunks. I’ll take it.

I’m never one to be doubting Bens, but to actually have 5 on the floor who could provide Offense and Defense was refreshing indeed. Spring fresh. Funny. The Pistons were still laughing at the end of it. Hopefully it was of the nervous variety. But today, who cares? It’s certainly nothing I’ll lose sleep over.

Update as of 4/6 - This team has risen. Cavs slip to 5. Bulls now at 2.

7 comments:

bonnix said...

That 4th quarter of the detroit game reignited my belief that these Bulls might have something to say in the playoffs.

Rosario said...

It is Friday night post win over the Nets and indeed they are becoming. They are becoming into playoff mode and it is terribly exciting. This weekend will obviously tell if they are strong enough to maintain the second seed. I had a feeling tonight. The Nets are old. It showed tonight. If by chance first round at 2, can the Bulls get over Kidd/Carter?

Anonymous said...

Rosario-

I loved you in Sin City and Grindhouse. I didn't realize that you were a Chicago Sports Fan.

Anonymous said...

Its the bulls and the heat down the stretch. Gotta say, its great to see more of Tyt, what a talent. Ideally, it would be good to stay in #2 and play N.J. or slip to #2 and play a very injured Wash.

breakfast ball said...

any way you slice it, the bull have a high quality team in place. they have a legitimate shot at playoff success.

Hilts said...

Their annual run @ the end of the season has me believing that they can get as far as the Bears, @ least.

Anonymous said...

This is my very favorite poetry blog. Y'all know how to bring it.