Monday, September 15, 2008

Shouting and Screaming

Finally, after about seventy twists laster, I actually got to use those Friday nite Rainout Soix tix on Sunday. Because for the 12, 735th time I left myn lites on and was not jumped till the afternoon, I missed one of those most beautiful things in life + a natural doubleheader +. It was the first for me since August 2000. I went only to the second game, and was of course treated to something that can only be equaled by a women who loves to danse = that'd be the go ahead run in the bottom of the eight @ Comiskey. Of course, the seven run comeback by the visting team came before it, but all's well that ends well.

And - it was a shouting screaming game. Because of the hurriane remenants that dropped our area into monsoon hello's, the sell outs the Sox had -a nd were rained out of Friday nite and Saturday nie = were turned into a tiny 8,000 type crowd for the Sunday double header. It was strange to see so few people @ a game - I rememer one 33 degree game -v- somebody in the mid Ninties where there was even less - maybe 1000 for the whole game. Of course, growing up in the Seventies and Eighties there were plenty of like crowds in Old Comisky and Old Wrigley* - not to forget the Sting and, truth be told, the Bulls**.

It takes fucked weather to deliver the kind of platform in which my bellowing can take center stage. In addition to that Sox game, possibly my greatest bellowing game was a chicago Storm indoor socer game which was played during ablizzard. We got 20 tickets or so for free, so it was Good Kixx, my sister, mybe even Sandra, and 10 kids - we all had ours. We 15 people maybe made u 5% of the crowd that nite @ the UIC Pavilion. Ideal weather donditions for a russian assualt on nazi positions in rusia and for an alour assault by my voice.

As the Storm were winning that game, we started to get real loud. Well, maybe not we, but i did. I forget most of what I delivered that nite, but an alltime classic was the following = and remember, there was a porfessional indoor soccer game going on : "CLEVELAND. THE STORM HAVE WON THE GAME. YOU HAVE NO POSSIBILITY OF VICTORY. IT IS TIE FOR YOU TO NOW SURRENDER TO THE STORM BEFORE ANYMORE GOALS ARE SCORED ON YOU. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO....IS WALK AWAY".....and this went on for the whole end of the game. With 300 others inattendence. Adn every fucking sylobal (sic) heard by everyone.

With that major success in mind - but an upperdeck seat @ coniskey and w/ 8,000 in attendence (meaning lots of white noise to kut into my projection), I staretd to bellow. S usual, there were the first quizzical looks behind fro fans in front to see "What the fuck was racketing all that shit?" Always happens. Then the laughter. And then there were two other squads piping in and supporting each other. Of course I was the loudest, but similar yahoo's ahead and behind me all pitched in the whole game. The guys in back yelling "Cut yr hair, magglio!", I started to yell out "HIPPY!!!". It was great - we supported each other, and of course entertained the fans.

There were many great quotes b me, if I may write. And I remember none of them. Except, winning 7-0, i started inon the "DETROIT. THE GAME IS OVER. YOU HAVE LOST. OZZIE IS WAITING WITH THE INSTRUMNTS OF SURRENDER FOR YOU TO SIGN. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WALK AWAY." Lots of laughter. And then, Detroit actually scored 7 runs to tie it in the eight. When the Sox came up to the plate, just having lost a 7 run lead,, I kept on: "DETROIT. THE GAME IS OVER. YOU HAVE LOST....... "

But it all ended well. Dwayne Wise, the grannie in the bottom of the 8th @ comisky. Dansing girls, where are you??
..............................
*= that'd be the pre Yuppie days, when the neighbourhood was still gay and Peurto Rican.

*=that last pre Jordan season they drew somewhere around 4, 700 per game - about 1/3 the Sting did @ the old Chicago Stadium.

No comments: