Wednesday, August 20, 2008

queens

It's over, isn't it?

Olympics have a long time to go this summer still, but I mourn none the less - my new favourite, Chinese diver Guo Jingjing's Olympic career is over after winning another Gold medal. and for me, it was only just starting.




Never heard of her before this week - I didn't pay as much attention to the Athen's Olympics - but when I got 'wind' of her, I had to watch her compete. She's a superdiver and superfamous in China with several golds already. i came on board as she went for a last in her last olympic competition. She won.


But what really got me going was this little bow she did after every dive. NBC didn't cover it each time she did it, but it really got me going. Again - this is a deeply competant athelete, in the biggest games of her life, and has trained for years and years to win. This quest for athletic glory is what I should be concentrating.

Yeah yeah yeah. And I am a man. Love to watch her compete, root for her, all that. And all I can concetrate how wonderfully submissive that bow is. A great dive, hundreds of millions of people watching, and her, in that tite bathing suit, dripping wet, and that little bow. um. It's - as far as I know - totally unique in diving.


As far as I know, it's totally unique.

No comments: