Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rocks & Sox Series Preview


This years World Series has rout written all over it. The upstart Rockies can't possibly keep their current streak of 22 of 23 games going right through Fenway park, can they? I don't think so. It isn't so much that the Rockies aren't hot, it's just, last year not withstanding, the American League is just better than the National League. The Rockies have been beating up on such lightweights as the Diamondbacks and the Phillies. Both of those teams were severely flawed. The Rockies haven't faced anything like Ortiz and Manny. Nothing like Beckett, Schiling and Daisuke. The senior circuit is just outclassed right now.

If the Rockies have any chance of winning, they have to win game one. Set the tone that they aren't afraid of Beckett and can keep their roll going even after their long layoff. I don't think this is going to happen.

Bonnix's Prediction: Sox in 5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should stay faithful to the national league no matter the circumstances

bonnix said...

I love NL baseball. Much more interesting than the stupid DH in the AL. But I think the 13-1 drubbing that the Rockies took tonight proves my point. The NL just can't keep up right now.

Hilts said...

I've changed my plea to Red Sox in four.
Just kidding. Red Sox in seven, still. Often teams get canned big time in the first game only to respond. Check out 1959.

bonnix said...

I guess you're right. All they really need is a split in Boston. Then again that's what Cleveland thought too and looked what happened to them...