Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Is it time yet ??

Although my two favourite NCAA football teams, Northern Illinois and Notre Dame, are currently riding on one win seasons, I'm still thrilled by this football season. It's a negative thrill: I hate the BCS system. Just hate it. Anything that fuxx it up I love. So far, this has been a great season. The last few weeks have seen a dizzying rate of destruction amongst the top teams.

There are still six unbeaten top division teams, although most attention has been given to the top three; Ohio State, South Florida, and Boston College. Ohio State has had a log and proud history in football, but the other two are upstarts- S.F particularly.

I'm not so sure any of these teams will remain unbeated @ the end of the regualr season. We most likely will have 8-10 one loss teams all having a claim to the title game. The computers and coaches polls will ferret out two teams that will claim to be the best matchup, but that's totally debateable. I understand that any playoff system will have to pick some teams in the field, but better pick the top 16 or eight and be wrong than pick ONLY TWO.

Every year there appears logical and real arguments for a playoff. When the regular season ends I will revisit this with my own 16 team plan and matchups. Until then, watch the regular season play out.

1 comment:

jackson said...

byu macmahon was the best