Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I am seeing the comparisons betwixt the Bulls-Pistons from now vs. the way back rivalry of the late '80's and 90's. It's not that it's these two teams, Chicago and Detroit. The uniforms may be the same, but the personnel and focus of both sets of teams are radically different from way back. It's not that the Bulls are the up and coming team that has to learn and live another year or two before they can successfully challenge the giants. The comparison I see is that these Bulls are getting their asses kicked by the Pistons.

That's just the way it is. Detroit, in their first two home games, have never even looked sweaty. As Rosario said, I'm tired of seeing these guys smile. The playoff series in '88, '89, and '90 all ended with the Bulls getting a little closer each year, but beinbg dominated when it really counted. As these series went on, the Bulls were able to get some wins @ home. Eventually they superseeded the Pistons, but those early series seemed just as this- a championship caliber team pushing around youngsters.

Thursday nite the Bulls have to respond with a big game, but the team seems utterly demoralised on the road court. Detroit moved the ball well, played d, and shot well. The Bulls were the absolute opposite. Again, the body language says it all- smiles -v- downcast grimaces.

I can't see the Bulls even winning one game they have been so outplayed. Thursday nite the series comes to Chicago, and the Bulls have to win. If they can control home court for the next two games, then they will only lose this series 4-3.

Lets go Bulls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't read the post but I wanted to post my blog of the game here.

I watched the game with my lady at the sushi shop down the street.

I haven't watched too many Bulls games this year, but what was most apparent to me was that the Bulls have a bunch of sucky players and the Pistons are like an all-star team. The Bulls have no chance. I have always been a fan of winning teams so the Pistons seem to be the best bet to win the championship. I'm glad to be a fan.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. Pistons in 3. GO DETROIT!

Hilts said...

you should both be with Lambier.....