Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Let's Celebrate History in our Lifetime




I don't remember Hank hitting 715 in 1974, but I will never forget Bonds breaking the record last night. It really was a great moment when Hank showed up on the video screen.

It might be wishful thinking, but I hope now that this record has been broken, we can stop talking about steroids and baseball. Every era has its issues. Our will forever be remembered as the steroids era. So what!?!?!? Baseball endures. That's why it is such a great game. World wars and segregation couldn't bring down baseball, steroids certainly won't either.

Finally, I encourage all you baseball fans to take time out from your bitterness towards Bonds and appreciate history being made. Something like this may never happen again in our lifetime.

3 comments:

Hilts said...

I'm pretty mellow on bond. Don't like the steroids, but its not enough to kill basebll for me. However, i'm sure A-Rod will be in our lifetime.

bonnix said...

You are probably right about A-Rod, but the same could have been said about Griffey. You just never know what is going to happen.

Hilts said...

agree.